ANCIENT MONUMENTS AND FORTS
Jagityala is 50 kms away from Karimnagar. The town is a revenue division and Mandal. It is the biggest of all the towns which are governed by Municipal councils. It was the biggest Taluk among the Talukas of Telangana. Polasa village which is very near to Jagityala has thousand years of history. There are no historical evidences in Jagityala except a Fort. Elgandal Sarkar was very vast and includ Chennuru, Lakshetpeta, Nirmal in its Sarkar. Mubarijul Mulk Japhruddaula Mirja Ibrahim Khan Dhamsa who was the ruler of Elgandula, built a strong fortress with the help of the technology of French Engineers in A.D 1747208. The frosts which are Nirmal hills were also built by Thamsa Farqu Mirja Ehetesham Jung, Son of Dhamsa, succeeded his father. He was a wicked ruler. He did not give any respect to the notices of Asafja Nizam Khan II. Then the Nizam sent his army. Ehetsham was defeated in 1791 and fled from Jagityala. He took refuge in Nirmal fortress. At this time, the Nizam army attacked Jagityala fort in A.D 1791. The Khiledar of Jagityala fought against them and was defeated and fined the Jagityala Durgam to the Nizamís army after the Nizamís army directed their way to attack Nirmal.
Jagityala fort was built with stones and lime in an expansive place. It was in star shape. The Agadtha or Kandakam filled with water is still there even now. The entrance gate which has made with wood was disappeared. The ďBuruzuĒ had many cannons (topus). The name of Mohammed Khasim was on the warheads. There is big Mosque by the fort in Jagityala. It is always crowded with people. The fort was built by the side of Kandlapelli Pond. So there is always water in Kandakam and pond. There are some rooms used as stores for weapons. There is an entrance behind the fort by the side of these rooms. This is not found now. The revenue buildings were in the fort till 1930. We could find the walls of the fort till two decades back. The fort has been damaged due to lack of protection. After the attack in 1791, thousands of rupees were spent to rebuild it. There was one Khiledar and 210 soldiers there. The salary of the Khiledar was Rs. 35 and salary of soldier was Rs.3.50. Itís known that there were 516 houses in Jagityala in 1880 A.D and the population at the time was 2812211. Now the town is very big with high population. Polasa kings ruled Polasa during 11 century. Kannada inscription of 1108 A.D, tells that Meda Raju I ruled Polasa as capital. Jaggadeva, son of Medaraja I succeeded his father. He ruled from 1110 A.D to 1116 A.D. He was a terrible King. He made 21 wars and built new villages. Jagga Deva might have built the Jagga Deva temple which is 6 Km away from Polasa. This place gradually changed and became Jagityala.
The historical construction, built in stone has been damaged. Elagandula Khilla is the pride of Karimnagar district. The Khilla fort is located in Elagandula village which is 18 kms away from Karimnagar. Itís height is 200 feet and area two and half miles. It attracts many visitors. Elagandula Khilla once was center of the vast Karimnagar. After Japharuddaula, the Khiladar of Elagandula, Bahaddur Khan became Khiledar and then Syed Karimuddin worked as Khiledar, Karimsha nagar named after him, later was transformed as Karimnagar in Kareemuddinís time. Historians tell that there are vivid evidences of rulers of Eliagandula. The Elagandula was included as the fort of the Karimnagar municipality in 1905. Once it was called as Elagandula Sarkar. It is known through historical evidence that Kakatiya king Rudrama who ruled the Khilla in 1195 A.D was killed by Yadava king Jatangi captured the Fort. Then, it had been ruled by Yadavas. After the end of the Yadavas, the Kakatiya king Prataparudra, ruled from 1295 to 1323.
Mohammed Bin Tuglak attacked Kakatiyas in 1323 and captured the Khilla and then Ktub-ul-Mulk attacked and defeated the Bahmani kings and started his. The last king in Kutubsha dynasty was Tanisha. Tanisha was defeated by Moghal emperor Aurangajeb, who built Alamgir Mosque and Bindrakas pond here. The Khilla was under Moghals nearly for 39 years. The Nizam-Ul-Mulk Asifja-I started his after Moghals. The Jagirdars appointedby Nizams who ruled the region of Elagandula, neglected the governance. There is only one entrance to enter the Khilla. There is a hill near Elgandula. The fort on the hill played a key role from Kakatiyas to Asafzahi Nizam Nawabs in the history of Deccan. The East entrance of fort, the Brundavan pond, Mosques in the fort, graves, NeelaKanteswara Narasimha temple etc., are attracting many tourists
Molanguru is in Kesavapatnam Mandal. The name of the village is mentioned as Molanguru in history books. It is 13 Kms away from Huzurabad and 16 Kms from the Jammikunta railway station. Voragiri Miggaraju, one of the chief officers of Prathaparudra built impenetrable hill fort. The fort is on the way to Elagnadula from Vorugallu. So, there is so much significance to the Molangur fort. The Malangshavali Darga is in the fort. As there was Molangashawali grave, the village was called Mulangur and gradually changed as Molangur
The Stupa of Dhulikatta
The village of Dhulikatta is situated on the right bank of Hussainivagu. The name Dhulikatta may be a corrupt form of Dhoulikota which literally means a mud fort. The villagers know very well the existence of a mud fort, which is now popularly called the Kota area. The mud fort is 18 hectares in extent and roughly 6m above the plains and it is enclosed by mud ramparts. Excavations here brought to light several buildings including granaries and punch marked coins, besides some Roman coins etc. About one kilometer exactly to the north of the historical mound, is the stupa. It is situated at the confluence of the Hussainivagu and another Mullah coming down from the north. In the vicinity, a kilometer away, is the modern village of Vadakapura, probably derived from Vatakapura, a much familiar word during the Satavahana period.