National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd (NTPC) Ramagundam
Ramagundam is situated at a distance of about 75 Kms. Godavari and is the highly populated village in the madal. The power-house at the place is the biggest thermal power producing station in the state and supplies power to Hyderabad, Karimnagar, and Warangal and also to the Mancherial Cement Factory. A Navaratna Public sector undertaking completed 25 glorious years in service to the Nation. The Corporation during this period has gown to be a front runner in the Indian Power Sector and ranked as the 6th largest Power Generator in the world with an installed capacity of 19,435 MW. The endeavor of NTPC is to make available reliable and quality power in increasingly large quantities. Thus making India self sufficient in Power Generation and emergence as one of the world’ leading economies. This Super Thermal Power Station with an installed capacity of 2100 mega watt has earned the distinction of being the beacon light of the Southern States, promoting economic growth and prosperity. NTPC Ramagundam has excelled in all spheres of operations since inception namely,
human resource development etc.
Singareni Colleries Company Limited (SCCL)
Incorporated as a public limited company in 1920, became a Government Company in 1956 when acquired major share holding. The share capital of the company is held by and Government of India in the ratio of 51 : 49 respectively. The loan capital is provided entirely by the Government of India. The assistance is governed by a Tripartite Agreement between Government of India, Government of and Singareni Collieries Company Limited. The last such agreement for the period 1990 - 1997 was signed in October, 1994 covering the period from 01.04.1990 to 31.03.1997. A tripartite agreement for 9th Five Year Plan period is to be signed. The Company manages the coal mining operations in Telangana. The reserves stretch over 350 sq.kms of Pranahita - Godavari Valley of Tealangana with proven deposits of 7095 million tonnes as on 01 .01 .1999 . The mining activities are concentrated in four districts of Telangana viz. Khammam, Adilabad, Karimnagar and Warangal. The company also has a Coal Chemical Complex producing smokeless domestic fuel.
Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd (Ramagundam)
Ramagundam Fertilizer Unit is located about 240 kms away from Hyderabad, the capital of Telangana State and in the district of Karimnagar. The Unit was established at Ramagundam due to abundance of coal that is used as feedstock this unit was approved by Govt. of India and established with a project cost of Rs.217.00 crores. Industrial license for setting up a coal based Fertilizer factory to manufacture Urea was obtained in November 1971. Planning and Development Division of FCI Ltd. (presently M/s PDIL, Sindri, India) supplied the detailed engineering for the plant. Commercial Production of Ammonia and Urea commenced on 01-11-1980. The Urea and Ammonia plants have been designed with a capacity to produce 4,95,000 MT and 2,97,000 MT per annum respectively. From the commencement of commercial production on 01.11.1980 till the year 1998-99, 25,15,594 MT of Urea and 15,48,971 MT of Ammonia have been produced.However production of Urea and Ammonia has been suspended from 01.04.1999 due to non-availability of sufficient
budgetary support from Govt. of India
Kesoram Cement Factory Basanth Nagar (Peddapalli)
Kesiram Cements is a comapany which is one of the Birla group companies a leader by its name. It was incorporated in 1967 with objective of becoming the leading producer of cements in this part of country. The plant here is one of the biggest in south india and can produce cement with a capacity of 2500 metric tones per day. The technical objectives of the company are to develop Indigenous technology and integrating indigenous and foregn technology wherever necessary this company unlike other Birla group of companies in single parsuing the goal of complete Self Reliance in the field of cement production to offer customers Comprehensive cost-effective and best possible products.